Explore our exciting, new, interactive story map,"New Brunswick Loyalist Journeys"! Note: Please update any bookmark links to our project to get the latest version. (Always available in the right side menu.)
Dr. John Jeffries Papers: A transcription and summary of each of the entries in his diary for the years 1778 and 1779 is available via the catalogue record.
Genealogy: A selection of genealogical resources at the Harriet Irving Library, see our Research Help page.
Paleography: A "tip sheet" for interpreting historical handwriting and example of Revolutionary era letters are now offered on our Research Help page.
Black History: The Black History Subject Guide now available. This guide seeks to provide a sample of the wide variety of materials in The Loyalist Collection relating to the study of people of African descent in the British Atlantic World, with an overview of what the materials contain and how to search them.
Read about our collaboration with the University of New Brunswick's Department of History on the teaching blog of the Canadian Historical Association: Using The Loyalist Collection in the Classroom: Integrating Professional Skill Development in History Courses.
New Titles 2019/20
- Benjamin Benedict Crawford Diaries, 1800,1810-1859.
- Head Quarters Book of General Thomas Gage.
- Rev. Ranna Cossit Letter Book, 1785-1789.
- James MacGregor Diary, 1759-1830.
- Veniot, Betty Embree. Westchester Embree Loyalists: A Genealogy of Joseph Embree 1760-1828.
- Hodges, Graham Russell Gao and Alan Edward Brown, eds. "Pretends to Be Free": Runaway Slave Advertisement from Colonial and Revolutionary New York and New Jersey.
- Burgoyne, Bruce E. Waldeck Soldiers of the American Revolutionary War.
New Titles 2017/18
- Bartlett, John R. Census of the Inhabitants of the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations 1774.
- Brown, Richard H. and Paul E. Cohen. Revolution: Mapping the Road to American Indpendence 1755-1783.
- Whitfield, Amani Harvey. Black Slavery in the Maritmes: A History in Documents.
- Headley, Robert K. Jr. Genealogical Abstracts from 18th-Century Virginia Newspapers.
- Woodson, Robert F. & Isobel B. Virginia Tithables from Burned Record Counties: Buckingham, Gloucester, Hanover, James City and Stafford Counties.
- Fiske, Jane Fletcher. Gleanings from Newport Court Files 1659-1783.
- Virginia Tax Records From The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, the William and Mary College Quarterly, and Tyler's Quarterly.
- Ruddock, William T. Confiscated Properties of Philipse Highland Patent Putnam County New York, 1780-1785.
New Titles 2016/17
- Almon Family Fonds: 1646-1961; predominant 1702-1898
- Enos Collins Collection: 1816-1860
- McGrigor-Miller Collection: 1729-1888
- Papers of William Pitt the Younger: 1774-1806
- The Fulham Papers at Lambeth Palace Library: 1626-1822
- Militia Papers of Nova Scotia: 1778-1850
- Chipman Family Collection: 1821-1825
- Headquarters Office Papers for Nova Scotia: 1783-1907
- Nova Scotia Archives Miscellaneous Manuscripts Collection: 1748-1991
- Nova Scotia Legislative Council Journals: 1759-1835
- Nova Scotia Legislative Council Petitons, Reports, Resolutions and Miscellaneous Papers: 1760-1841
- Glen, Elizabeth A. The License Cash Books of the Colonial Secretary of Prince Edward Island 1787-1805, 1812-1813
- Merz, Johannes Helmut. The Hessians of Nova Scotia
- Merz, Johannes Helmut. The Hessians of Upper Canada
- Virginia Genealogical Society. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants v. 6 & v. 7
- Reese, George, ed. Proceedings in the Court of Vice-Admiralty of Virginia 1698-1775
- Watt, Gavin K. Loyalist Refugees: Non-Military Refugees in Quebec 1776-1784
- Watt, Gavin K. A Short Service History and Master Roll of James Rogers' 2nd Battalion, King's Rangers
New Titles 2015/16
- Antliff, Bruce W. Calendars of Treasury 77/20 and Treasury
- Bell, David. American Loyalists to New Brunswick: The Ship Passenger Lists
- Chappell, R. LaVerne, ed. The Daybooks of Benjamin Chappell
- DeGrazia, Laura Murphy, and Barbara Vines Little. Research in New York City, Long Island, and Westchester County
- Stott, Glen and Carol Hall. Taken and Destroyed: The War of 1812 losses claims, London and Western Districts, Upper Canada
- Great Britain. Army. Orderly Book Collection: Kings American Regiment, Dec 1776-Nov 1777
- Mooney, James E. Loyalist Imprints Printed in America, 1774-1785
- P.E.I. Genealogical Society. Kings County cemeteries, Prince Edward Island: index of monumental (headstone) inscriptions
- P.E.I. Genealogical Society. Prince County, Prince Edward Island Index of Monumental Inscriptions, 2nd Edition
- Dr. John Jeffries Papers: 1775-1835
New Titles 2013/14
- Bouchard-Lévesque Cécilia, Mariages de Gaspé-Est, 1752-1941
- Crow, Jeffrey J., A Chronicle of North Carolina during the American Revolution 1763-1789
- Goodrich, W. Eugene, Local Government in Early Westmorland County
- Morehouse, Frank, Photographs of Anglican Churches in the Diocese of Fredericton
- Mouzon, Henry, An Accurate Map of North and South Carolina with their Indian Frontiers
- Webber, David A., Uniforms of the Prince Edward Island Militia, 1794-1873
Great Britain, War Office
- Muster Books and Pay Lists: Royal West India Rangers, 1805-1810, 1814-1819 (WO 12/11233, 11237-38)
New Brunswick, Commissioner of Highways (York County)
- Records of Roads, 1789-1862
Journals and Minutes of the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1776-1790
- Journals Nov 28, 1776-Oct 2, 1781
- Minutes Oct 22, 1781-Aug 24, 1790