The Minutes of the Proceedings of the Governors and Trustees of the College of New Brunswick, 1800-1828, record in considerable detail the business and financial matters that came before the governing body of the College during its formative years. The College of New Brunswick was issued a Royal Charter in 1828 and the name was changed to King's College. On 13 April 1859, the Act creating the University of New Brunswick was passed. Included on the reel is a copy of the Charter of 1800 in which many prominent names appear as members of the College's governing body. These include: Lieutenant Governor, Thomas Carleton; Chief Justice, George Duncan Ludlow; Secretary of the Province, Jonathan O'Dell; Attorney General, Jonathan Bliss; Solicitor General, Ward Chipman; Justices of the Supreme Court of Judicature, Isaac Allen and John Saunders; Members of the Council, Gabriel G. Ludlow, Edward Winslow, Beverly Robinson and George Leonard; Rector of the Parish of Fredericton, Reverend George Pidgeon; and principal Preceptor of the Academy, James Bissett.